Resources/Commentary of Interest (May 2018)
- Pink Snowsuit – Resources for Parents
- Restorative Practice and survivors of sexual violence: http://policyoptions.irpp.org/magazines/april-2018/restorative-justice-survivors-sexual-violence/
- The Best and Worst Places to be a Woman in Canada 2017 Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives (CCPA), just released! https://www.policyalternatives.ca/sites/default/files/uploads/publications/National%20Office/2017/10/Best%20and%20Worst%20Places%20to%20Be%20a%20Woman%202017.pdf
Rights Guide for Girls, Young Women & Gender Nonconforming Youth- YWCA http://ywcarightsguide.ca/
Harvey Weinstein, Hilary Clinton and Blaming Women for the Acts of Men- Rebecca Solnit http://lithub.com/things-that-are-hillary-clintons-fault-starting-with-harvey- weinstein/
Harvey Weinstein and the Economics of Consent- Brit Marling https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/10/harvey-weinstein-and-the-economics-of-consent/543618/
Emotional labor is the unpaid job men still don’t understand– Gemma Hartley http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a12063822/emotional-labor-gender-equality/
- The Men Taking Classes to Unlearn Toxic Masculinity – Olivia Campbell https://www.thecut.com/2017/10/the-men-taking-classes-to-unlearn-toxic-masculinity.html
Mother Blaming in Child Protection– Cathy Richardson and Allan Wade https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/3dfdee_84c24e4b155e405cb7bbd4b3c81906f9.pdf
Impact of the Law Enforcement Response– video from End Violence Against Women International www.evawintl.org Video:https://vimeo.com/236489056
- Dalhousie Student, Masuma Khan, Investigated For Canada 150 Comments http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/10/21/dalhousie-student-masuma-khan-investigated-for-canada-150-comments_a_23251247/
- Dalhousie student says backlash over Facebook post will not silence her https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/dalhousie-student-says-backlash-over-facebook-post-will-not-silence-her/article36688319/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&
- Letter from Dal Law Faculty https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/files/interactive/dxx/dalhousie-letter-oct23.pdf
- Local resources: Help for Relationship Violence
- Community Resources: Lunenburg/Queens Counties
- 21 Warning Signs of an Abusive Relationship
- A Statistical Profile of Intimate Partner Violence
Profile, intimate partner violence
- What it’s Like Being a Teenage Girl
- Restorative Justice blog
- Canadian Medical Association Journal – Almost one-third of Canadian adults have experienced child abuse – physical, sexual abuse or exposure to family violence. Read more . . .
- NFL player Ray Rice suspended for intimate partner violence. NY Times. Read more . . .
- Anti-rape nail polish reveals date-rape drugs in drinks. Read more . . .
- Carleton University Conservative takeover of student unions – F**k Safe Space. Read more . . .
- What a Waste – Liz Kelly – Integrated approach to VAW
- White Ribbon Report – Engaging Men & Boys
- Boys, Men & Masculinity – NS Department of Health & Wellness – June 2012
Resources for Men & Boys:
- Gather the Men summary, April 2013
- Resources for Men & Boys
- 8 Ways Men & Boys are Helping to End Gender Based Violence
- Video : We are the Lions (Spoken Cinema) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PscD6h1iNiI